Saturday, December 24, 2011

NBA Player Predictions



I had not intended to devote so much of this blog to the NBA.  But I'm just so excited about professional basketball action, I simply cannot stop writing about it!  I thought I would throw out a couple player predictions so I can have more to reflect on in April.....

Rookie of the Year - Kyrie Irving
Kyrie is the most explosive rookie in this years class. He will put up huge numbers and have an enormous impact because of necessity.

Coach of the Year - Lionel Hollins
The Grizz will go from an 8 seed last year to a top four team in the West this year.  They are a legitimate title contender because of their big man play.  Plus I have a special spot in my heart for Coach Hollins.

Defensive Player of the Year - Dwight Howard
Dwight changes opponents entire offensives.  Its not even close.

Sixth Man - James Harden
Harden is poised for this award in 2012.  He will be on one of the best teams in basketball and will put up big numbers from the bench.  This award always goes to energy/scorers.

Most Improved - John Wall
This pick is always a crap shoot.  The only player who seems to have a little bit of consistent support is DeAndre Jordan.  But Jordan will not see the ball enough, so I'm ruling him out.

Scoring Title - Kevin Durant
Duh....

MVP - Kevin Durant
Durant will be on the best team in the West.  He will lead the league in scoring. Those two facts are enough to get him there.

No comments:

Post a Comment